Monday, December 19, 2005

Republished cause the time is Right

Echoes
"choices echo forever"
words that well also be forever
it was such a random encounter
just a accidental conversation
was it even a conversation?

"choices" have always been.

the important ones,
that consume our thoughts.
the simple ones,
that we don't even recognize.
they change our lives.

"choices echo" through our lives

echoes barely noticeable
when we think we were right.
deafening
when we think we were
wrong.
echoes easily heard,
when we are alone

"choices echo forever"

even when forgotten
the reasons for them unknown
the important ones held on to
the simpler ones relinquished.
at times the simpler,
were the most important.

like responding
to a simple comment,
that wasn't really simple.
it wasn't really even
a conversation.

8 comments:

Hitch-Hiker of the Mind said...

I like this one, it's lyrical

Dr O2 said...

well there are times choices are nth but blocked-options leaving just one road to take these days :-)

a good post mate.

swan_pr said...

a conversation did happen. the words lingered. the aftershocks. I am so touched. I hope we can have a real one one of these days.

Arctic Skipper said...

Funny you posted this - I've been thinking a lot about choices lately. Mainly those that have an impact on others that we may not even be aware of.

Good post. You write well. :)

Spyder said...

Hitch-Hiker-
Put it to music.
Dr.-
I wonder if the "choices" that we feel that are blocked, are really ones fear doesn't allow us to chose

Swan-
Perhaps someday.

Steph-
Fun? I guess in retrospect I would have to agree :)

Arctic-
Those are the most important, the ones we don't even know about and how they effect persons unknown to all of us.

tiny dancer said...

I guess choices do echo forever. Just gotta learn to accept. I know I did my best with what I knew or had to work with at the time. And there is always a reason I made the choices I did... it was written in the script of course.

What is really amazing is when choices are confirmed. I nod and say "right on" and step forward once again trusting myself.
Okay...Thing Two is yelling "Pussy, pussy pussy" at the X-Box... I think I may take a step backwards on that one...

Anonymous said...

So real. I think I understand a little bit better.

LiVEwiRe said...

I leave for a while only to find you've redone the entire place. You're correct, sometimes, the time is just 'right'. You know, I might have to print this post - I've been reading over it and it's echoing some of the thoughts and concepts I've been experiencing lately. Thanks for putting this into words.